Jeff and Margaret Stansfield gave an intriguing talk about how they met on a snowy day in Prague. They explained coincidence after coincidence with stories of holiday overbookings, suitcases taken by mistake, names on suitcases and a letter going from Ipswich to Ilkley and then to Bradford. All this was followed by a proposal of marriage on St Valentine’s Day 2005. Margaret had, of course, been the President of the German circle for many years and part of the conditions of Jeff marrying was that he started to learn German seriously by coming to our weekly meetings ! Condition number 2, was that he should become a Yorkshire man. Jeff was able to supply the relevant background information for this to be acceptable ! In conclusion, 15 members were shown a beautiful photo on their wedding day.
- Regensburg – a talk by Brigitte McCartney
- Die Swäbische Alb mit Neil McDonald
- Hamm – Twin City of Bradford – Visiting Guests
- Japan – a country of fascination
- Mark Green – Heinrich Schliemann – the man who discovered Troy
- Pastor Olaf Burghardt – Theology Science – The Big Bang Theory, Darwin and Creationism