The Honorary Consul for Germany, Mark Green , gave a vibrant talk about Heinrich Schliemann. Mark has a wonderful command of the German language and, coupled with his sense of humour, engages in stimulating presentations. Coincidentally, there is a current TV programme on Troy which naturally includes Heinrich Schliemann. It is an interesting story how Schliemann made a fortune and used this for his archeological passion. He sometimes used barbaric methods in pursuing his ventures but he was a pioneer of the time. It was interesting to note, that his young, beautiful wife, Sophia, used the discovered jewellery (supposedly Helen of Troy’s) to wear for a fancy dress party !
- Regensburg – a talk by Brigitte McCartney
- Die Swäbische Alb mit Neil McDonald
- Hamm – Twin City of Bradford – Visiting Guests
- Japan – a country of fascination
- Mark Green – Heinrich Schliemann – the man who discovered Troy
- Pastor Olaf Burghardt – Theology Science – The Big Bang Theory, Darwin and Creationism